We’re open 24/7 during the vacation if you want to come in and study. However because of essential maintenance Sheila Silver Library will be closed briefly:
- Sunday 26 August Sheila Silver Library, City Campus, will be closed 06:00-13:00
Work to refurbish the ground floor of Sheila Silver Library is now complete but the refurbishment of the ground floor and student meeting rooms of Headingley Library is still ongoing so there will be some disruption to those areas.
Remember to have your Campus Card to enter Sheila Silver Library during the day and both Libraries overnight.
If you’re at home you can still access your work on your P: drive via the Files tab in MyBeckett and use Discover for fast and easy searching of our books and journals. You can also visit other university libraries via the SCONUL Access Scheme (connect to the eduroam wireless network before you leave Leeds so you can use your laptop when you go).
If you don’t need your books over the summer vacation return them to the Library. Any item that you still have on loan will continue to renew every week unless another student reserves it, or it reaches the maximum number of renewals. We’ll email your University email account if we need you to return your books so please remember to check it regularly. You’ll then have 7 days to return the item. Please also remember to cancel any Holds you have so that other students can use the stock.
If you are graduating this year you should have returned all your books by 30 June, if you still have books on loan please Contact Us.
And if you want a break from studying take a look at our School’s Out! Pinterest board or listen to our Summer Spotify playlist for inspiration.
If you need help you can: Visit Us at the Advice Points (we’re available 08:30-17:00 during the Vacation), Email Us or Chat with Us, Phone Us on 0113 812 1000, or Follow Us on Twitter@BeckettLibrary.
Have a wonderful time however you spend the summer!
We hope you’ve had a fantastic summer. Please see below for information about some of the key changes for 2017:
- MyBeckett has a new look log in page and has renamed some of the tabs. IT Support is now IT; Employability is Opportunities and Help is Support.
- You can now access the full Microsoft Office 365 suite including free copies of Office Online and up to ITB of cloud storage on OneDrive. You can download up to 5 copies onto PCs and MACs and also have access to the mobile apps.
- Your University email account is now available via Outlook rather than Google with 50GB of storage. We’ve moved all your files and contacts across though so you don’t need to do anything. And you still have access to Google Drive.
- From October 2017 we’ll renew any books that you borrow to save you having to remember to do so. You’ll only have to return them when someone else needs them; see our news item for full details about how this works.
- The changes to accessing Sheila Silver Library that we introduced in response to your feedback at the end of the last academic year are now permanent. This means you need your Campus Card most of the time to enter the Library and at some times of the year, such as exams, only Leeds Beckett Card holders will be able to come in. You’ll also still need your Campus Card to access Headingley Library from 19:00-08:30.
Take a look at What’s New for 2017 for details of more changes to support you whilst you study.