MyBeckett has now been upgraded which means new features and functionality for you! Here are the changes you need to know about:
New Tabs and Content:
- Get Started: Use this tab during the first few weeks of term to access and download everything you need to get you started at Leeds Beckett University.
- Course: The Home tab and Groups tab have been replaced with the Course tab, which contains all the information you need regarding your specific Course and School, including who to contact for what, social media, jobs, Library resources and course evaluation tools.
- Students’ Union: The new SU tab will help you find out about upcoming events, get involved with campaigns and volunteering, join or set up clubs and societies, get confidential advice, and rate or submit student Bright Ideas.
- Academic Integrity Tutorial: this is now located in the Assessment section of your modules, explaining what plagiarism is and giving advice on how to avoid it.
A New Timetabling System:
- CMISGo: you can sync your timetable to your smart phone calendar using a new system called CMISGo, or view it on a PC.
- Emails you receive via MyBeckett now display the name of the sender rather than ‘VLE Notification’.
- MyBeckett is now fully supported by Microsoft Edge
- Discussion threads now allow you to navigate easily from thread to thread
Help and Support:
- The student guides produced by the Learning Systems team have moved and are refreshed and ready for the new academic year. The new MyBeckett Support pages contain guides to MyBeckett, Turnitin, PebblePad, Google Apps and more.
It’s not just the Library that’s improving over the summer – MyBeckett will be undergoing its annual upgrade, which means new features and functionality for you!
Work to upgrade the system will take place between Wednesday 3rd – Thursday 4th August 2016.
What does this mean?
This means MyBeckett will be taken down between the 3rd and the 4th August 2016 and will be unavailable during this time. This is necessary to complete the upgrade and test it to ensure MyBeckett is in full working order for when it comes back online on Thursday 4th August
What if I need to access links I normally get through MyBeckett?
You won’t be able to access your Modules and their content during this time, but there are still plenty of University Services which will be fully available so you can still gain access to important links and other information you would usually get through MyBeckett:
What happens after the upgrade?
When upgrade period is over, the normal login page will be displayed and you will be able to log in and access MyBeckett as normal.
Keep a look out for the blue Alumni tab in MyBeckett, which will appear within five days of your award being confirmed.
This will help you make the transition from student to alumnus, linking you to everything you need to know and do before you leave us, and before your accounts expire.
You can prepare for graduation, download your data and documents, convert your student accounts into alumni ones, and make use of the continuous support we provide after you have left Leeds Beckett University. You can also find out about postgraduate study with us if you don’t want to leave!