We know how busy it gets in the Libraries at the end of the academic year when everyone is working on final assignments and revising for exams so we’re doing all we can to help you find the study space you need:
- Both Headingley and Sheila Silver Libraries are open 24/7, for details of when staff are here to help see the Opening Hours page. Please bring your Campus Card to access the Libraries.
- We’ve worked with the University to make extra rooms available at City Campus for revision, so if it is too busy in the Library you can head over there (we are currently looking to see if we can make some available at Headingley Campus as well). You can also use the study tables in City Campus Students’ Union and the Living Rooms on both campuses.
- We’ve added information to our website to tell you about the most popular times and spaces are in Headingley and Sheila Silver Libraries to help you choose your study space.
- Timetables outside the IT Labs tell you when there isn’t any teaching taking place and if they are available for you to use. You can check PC Availability on the plasmas as you come into the Library or on the Leeds Beckett App to find out where there are free PCs.
- You can contact us if other students aren’t respecting the study environment – please quote the number of the study space so we know where to find you.
But please help your fellow students too:
- Don’t chat if you’re in the silent study areas and remember to turn your phones to silent.
- Don’t “occupy” spaces with your belongings and disappear for hours on end (we know most of you only take short breaks – and that’s a good thing – but if you do need to leave for more than 20 minutes please take your things with you).
- Don’t use PCs or laptops just for social networking when others need to use them for work.
- Remember to cancel your Student Meeting Room booking if you don’t need it.
As always please ask staff if you need any help.