There’s lots of help from the Library and University to help you survive your exams:
- we’re open 24/7 so you can revise whenever suits you best. Remember you need your Campus Card 24/7 at Sheila Silver Library and from 19:00-08:30 at Headingley if you’re studying overnight. And don’t forget to take it with you if you leave the Library for a break so that you can get back in!
- we have silent study areas to help you concentrate and there are extra spaces booked across the University for you to use if the Libraries are busy
- you can use the IT Labs if there isn’t a class on or borrow a self-service laptop to access your notes
- there are some past exam papers available on MyBeckett. Click on the Modules tab and select “Exam papers online”
- we’ve lots of books on exam techniques – take a look at our displays in both Libraries – or you can have a look at our Pinterest Guide to Study Skills and our Key Resources Page
- you can request a tutorial or attend a workshop to help you prepare and there are also resources on exam preparation and revision and time management on the Skills for Learning website.
- find out where your exam is (and at what time!) before the day so that you know where you’re going – timetables are on the Student Hub pages plus advice on what to do if you are ill and what you need with you for the exam
- make sure you take regular breaks – water coolers in each Library can help you keep hydrated
- look after your wellbeing – see our Pinterest Board for ideas, or listen to our relaxing music playlist. There’s also a motivational list for you to listen to, depending on your mood!
- remember that everyone needs to share our study spaces fairly so please don’t chat when others are working in silence; use the PCs just for social networking or “save” study spaces by leaving your belongings on them.
Good luck! And remember to Contact Us if you need any help.