Congratulations to everyone graduating this year. Please see below for some important things you need to do:
- Your MyBeckett, student email account and associated apps and P:drive (webfiles) will remain active until 30 September 2017. Back up any files you’ll need and transfer all emails and contacts to an alternative account before then.
- You can use Google Takeout to transfer docs, calendars and YouTube videos. See the Alumni tab in MyBeckett for more information.
- Your i-Print account will be cleared when you graduate so only top up with small amounts during your last few weeks around campus.
- Creating a free Pebblepad Alumni Account will enable you to keep all of your work when you leave and store it in a new personal account. Our step-by-step guide shows you how to convert your account. If you want a PebblePad alumni account, please create it after you’ve handed in all of your work and before 30 September 2017.
- Our After Leeds Beckett web page directs you resources such as open access journals, websites and professional organisations that can help you in your professional practice or in securing that all important first job.
- You need to return all your books and pay any outstanding charges by 30th June. If you think you have lost your books please Contact Us as soon as possible.
- As a Leeds Beckett alumnus you can apply for Guest User Library membership at a reduced rate.
- Make sure your personal data is up-to-date so you receive any final communications from us and your certificate if you can’t attend your graduation ceremony.
There’s lots of information on the University website about your ceremony and becoming an alumni but get in touch with the Library or Graduation Team if you have any questions about finishing your studies with us.
There’s lots of help from the Library and University to help you survive your exams:
- we’re open 24/7 so you can revise whenever suits you best. Remember you need your Campus Card 24/7 at Sheila Silver Library and from 19:00-08:30 at Headingley if you’re studying overnight. And don’t forget to take it with you if you leave the Library for a break so that you can get back in!
- we have silent study areas to help you concentrate and there are extra spaces booked across the University for you to use if the Libraries are busy
- you can use the IT Labs if there isn’t a class on or borrow a self-service laptop to access your notes
- there are some past exam papers available on MyBeckett. Click on the Modules tab and select “Exam papers online”
- we’ve lots of books on exam techniques – take a look at our displays in both Libraries – or you can have a look at our Pinterest Guide to Study Skills and our Key Resources Page
- you can request a tutorial or attend a workshop to help you prepare and there are also resources on exam preparation and revision and time management on the Skills for Learning website.
- find out where your exam is (and at what time!) before the day so that you know where you’re going – timetables are on the Student Hub pages plus advice on what to do if you are ill and what you need with you for the exam
- make sure you take regular breaks – water coolers in each Library can help you keep hydrated
- look after your wellbeing – see our Pinterest Board for ideas, or listen to our relaxing music playlist. There’s also a motivational list for you to listen to, depending on your mood!
- remember that everyone needs to share our study spaces fairly so please don’t chat when others are working in silence; use the PCs just for social networking or “save” study spaces by leaving your belongings on them.
Good luck! And remember to Contact Us if you need any help.
Until the end of Semester 2 access to Sheila Silver Library will be limited to Leeds Beckett students, staff, and guest users. You will need to have your Campus Card (also known as your staff or student card) with you at all times to access the Sheila Silver Library.
Remember: If you leave the library to take a break or to get a drink or a snack, don’t forget to take your Campus Card with you, as you will need it to get back in!
This change is in response to your feedback, to help support your learning, and to give you priority in finding study spaces within the Library.
If you forget your Campus Card, you’ll still be able to enter the Library after a brief delay to sign in. If you have your Campus Card you’ll be able to enter immediately by scanning your card at the gate.
If you’ve lost your Campus Card you can get a replacement from the Student Hub. You’ll also need your card to prove your identity for your exams so now is a good time to sort this out.
If you don’t have a Campus Card but you’re attending an event in the Library such as an Open University Lecture staff will be able to sign you in.
Headingley Campus Library remains open to the public during the day as usual, as the infrastructure currently in place in the James Graham Building does not allow for restricted access.
The Library is still open 24/7 to all Leeds Beckett students and staff. Please note you will be breaching student regulations if you lend your Card to anyone else.