The Library will be open 24/7 during the vacation – please see below for key dates:
- The Help and Information Points close at 12:30 on Friday 23rd December and reopen at 08:30 on Tuesday 3rd January.
- Emails received after 12:00 on 23rd December will be replied to on 3rd January.
- Chat with Us all through Christmas; or phone 0113 812 1000 for IT support from 24th December to 2nd January.
- Books borrowed over Christmas are due back on 12th January; Short Loans borrowed on 23rd December are due back on 3rd January.
- SCONUL applications and holds submitted between 23rd December and 2nd January will be processed on 3rd January.
If you are coming onto campus don’t forget to bring your Campus Card with you to issue or return books or use the Library overnight (from 19:00- 08:30).
If you need your PIN to borrow books or top up you can look them up on MyBeckett – your Library PIN is available via the Library tab, and your Kiosk PIN via the IT Support tab.
Before you go home:
- Set up your challenge and response questions in the self service password manager in case you forget your password.
- Connect your devices to the Eduroam wireless network if you plan to visit another University Library.
If you’re studying at home over Christmas you can:
- Access your P: drive via the Files tab on MyBeckett.
- Use Discover for fast and easy searching of our resources and access thousands of ebooks and journals.
- Visit another University Library – the SCONUL Vacation Access Scheme enables you to access other university libraries (check they are open first).
- If you have a deadline and need to submit online over the vacation there is lots of help available on the MyBeckett Support pages.
- If you’re revising for your post Christmas exams there are hints and tips on our exam news page.
- If you’re lucky enough to receive a shiny new laptop from Santa don’t forget you can download Microsoft Office 365 for free as a Leeds Beckett student.
We know Christmas can sometimes be hard so there is information available via the Student Hub pages if you need any wellbeing support.