We work hard with departments to ensure that we have the books, journals and other resources you need to complete your work. But what should you do if you need something that The Library doesn’t have it in stock? In times like these our Interlibrary Loans team is here to help you!
Sue and Karl are based in Sheila Silver Library at City Campus and (a different!) Sue and Tom are at Headingley. They manage the service which provides access to resources which are not held by the Library or other local libraries. You can request whole books or chapters, journal articles, reports and many other types of materials. More information about the service can be found on the Library website.
Our 5 top Interlibrary Loan tips
- Check the Library catalogue and Discover to make sure we haven’t got it in stock before you request it.
- It is quicker and easier to request online via the Library tab on MyBeckett.
- Provide as much information on the Interlibrary loan form as possible.
- Where possible request a digital copy. In most cases we receive digital copies much quicker than hard copies as they do not have to go through the postal service.
- If in doubt, we’re here to help.