National Libraries Day celebrates why libraries matter. Saturday 6th February 2016 saw the fifth National Libraries Day, primarily highlighting the vital role of public libraries in supporting people, families and communities across the UK but giving all libraries a chance to love and be loved!
So we thought we’d take the opportunity to explore some of the reasons to love Leeds Beckett Library. And, as it’s a leap year and that means an extra day of 24/7 opening we’re highlighting just a few of the things you can do any time of day or night:
- Come into the Library to study – but don’t forget your Campus Card to enter
- Access over 140,000 electronic books, journals, databases and newspapers – from on or off-campus
- Borrow a book, renew it or pay your fine if it’s overdue!
- Chat with Us or phone us on 0113 812 1000 for IT help
- Access your resource list, modules, timetable, submit your assignment and much more via MyBeckett
- Download software such as SPSS and Microsoft Advantage 365 to support your studies
- Get help from our website or from the tutorials on our YouTube channel
- Borrow a laptop
- Book a Student Meeting Room or an appointment with your Academic Librarian
- Use the Skills for Learning website to find out how to reference, manage your time and develop a wide range of academic and professional skills
So whether you use the Library at 2pm or 2am on National Libraries Day (or any other day!) we hope you’ll join with us in celebrating what a fantastic resource and service it is.