The Library will be open 24/7 during the vacation and our news page tells you all about key dates for holds, short loans etc.
If you are coming onto campus don’t forget to bring your Campus Card with you to issue or return books or use the Library overnight.
If you need your PIN to borrow books or top up you can look them up on MyBeckett – your Library PIN is available via the Library tab, and your Kiosk PIN via the IT Support tab.
You can also top up for i-Print via MyBeckett, access SPSS software, check Quote Unquote for a referencing query and much more.
IT Help is available on 0113 812 1000 or you can Chat with Us but it’s a good idea to set up your challenge and response questions in the self service password manager in case you forget your password over Christmas!
The laptop loans service will be unavailable 24th December – 3rd January inclusive. Please use the networked PCs in the Library instead.
If you’re studying at home over Christmas you can:
- Access your P: drive via the Files tab on MyBeckett.
- Use Discover for fast and easy searching of our resources and access thousands of ebooks and journals.
- Visit another University Library – the SCONUL Vacation Access Scheme enables you to access other university libraries (check they are open first). The Eduroam wireless network also lets you use your laptop in many other universities (don’t forget to set this up before you leave campus).
- If you have a deadline and need to submit online over the vacation take a look at our survival guide for help.
- If you’re revising for your post Christmas exams there are hints and tips on our exam web page.
- If you’re lucky enough to receive a shiny new laptop from Santa don’t forget you can download Microsoft Office 365 for free as a Leeds Beckett student.
And if you need a break from studying why not select a festive film from our Box of Broadcasts playlist or take inspiration from our Bah Humbug! Pinterest Board .