As part of the Library redevelopment work we looked at how you used the refurbished third floor area during the few weeks after Easter to revise for exams and write your end of year assignments.
Staff noted how busy certain areas were and also took photos of how different spaces were being used. Some key observations included:
- The most popular areas:
- Desks near windows
- Desks with a PC
- Student Meeting Rooms
- Some of the large “pod” chairs in the corners of the floor
- The number of “claimed” empty spaces, particularly in the Silent Silent Area where there were 32 spotted at one point during this period!
- The number of different mobile devices you bring with you when you study and the fact that they are often all in use at the same time.
- The full use of desk space with all necessary supplies!
- The use of furniture, including how it is moved to create new types of spaces.
The aim of this work is to help ensure that the way you use Library space feeds into future redevelopment decisions. We’d also be happy to hear your comments about how it feels to use Library spaces. You can also tweet us your views @BeckettLibrary #librefurb